STUFFED ZUCCHINNI

mar-rojo-19-stuffed-zucchinni-lettersI can’t even remember when it was the last time I posted anything! For that I have several excuses, all true and credible, but I’m not sure if I wan’t to get you deeply bored with my problems.

mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5

Probably the best is to tell you the short version: for different reasons have been dead tired, with absolutely zero energy, I even struggled to get my body out of bed in the morning, and after feeling guilty for several days, I decided to stop being foolish and to focus my little energy in enjoying my children and their holidays.

mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5 In the end they it turned out to be a wonderful Christmas full of of sleeping, resting and family time. And now I return with my batteries fully charged and with many of ideas for the blog.

mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5So, let’s go with the recipe. These stuffed zucchinni are really simple, great side dish for a meat or a fish, perfect for a picnic or a buffet dinner, or on their own for something light (and to leave some room for dessert).

mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5

mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5

mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5

mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5

STUFFED ZUCCHINNI
Autor: 
 
  • 4 courgettes, I used the round ones, but you can use the regular long ones.
  • 4 large slices of quality *ham, chopped into strips.
  • 1 clove garlic, minced.
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped.
  • 1 egg, preferably organic, or at least, free range.
  • 50g grated Parmesan cheese
  • Sea salt
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 handful of breadcrumbs
  • 1 pinch of thyme, better if fresh.
  1. In a saucepan put plenty of water, cover and heated over high heat. Meanwhile, chop the onions. When water starts to boil, add a handful of salt and toss the zucchini. Let simmer for about 5 minutes, taking care that the courgettes are tender but not too soft. Drain them carefully. (In the case of overcooking, once drained, put them to cool in a big bowl filled with cold water and ice)
  2. When enough cool to handle them, cut them in half and scoop them using a tablespoon. Save the fillings.
  3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
  4. In a large skillet heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the onion, adding a pinch of salt to help it sweat and caramelize faster. While the onion is cooking, cut into small cubes the courgette. When the onion begins to brown add the garlic, stir and add the chopped zucchini pulp. Cook well until everything is fragant and soft. Set aside and let cool slightly.
  5. In a large bowl we beat the egg, grate parmesan on top and add the ham, salt, thyme and pepper. When the onion and sautéed zucchini have tempered a bit, pour over the egg mixture and mix well.
  6. In a baking tray extend a little olive oil, place the zucchini, open halves upside and fill with mixture. Add some bread crumbs over each one, a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper another and a few drops of olive oil.
  7. We put in the oven, lower temperature down to 180 degrees and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until they are browned and warm inside.
Notas
* Be careful with your ham, if you take a close look at the ingredients, you’ll find that most have only 60% of ham! But what on earth is that remaining 40%? Ask your butcher for a good quality ham, with at least 90% real ham.

- These zucchinnis an be prepared the day before, covered in the fridge and bake just before serving. Leftovers reheat well in oven or microwave.
Información nutricional
Tam. Ración: 2 zucchinni halves Calorias: 188 Grasas: 10g Carbohidratos: 5g Azucar: 0 Sodio: 223mg Fibra: 3g Proteinas: 11g Colesterol: 10mg

mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5 mar-rojo-19-calabacines-rellenos-5

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Puntua esta receta: