I am the worst baker in the world. Seriously. After a good collection of brick-cakes I have had to assume reality, there is only one cake that I know ho to prepare, and it is this one.
And it’s not too bad, because it is really delicious, of course it’s easy, and I also think it looks really pretty!
When people see it and try it, the tend to see me like the typical person who bakes delicious cupcakes and muffins, but this could’n be further from reality. I promise.
- 250gr flour
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 250g brown sugar
- 4 eggs, we make sure they are at room temperature.
- 200 ml of sunflower oil
- 250g carrots, peeled and grated
- 50gr grated coconut
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 50 gr butter, softened
- 50 g of cream cheese
- 225g sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Sift the flour, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and add the brown sugar.
- Whisk the eggs, mix with oil and add to the flour and sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Add the coconut, carrots and nuts.
- Line round cakepans with wax paper; lightly grease and pour the mixture inside.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for aproximately 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile we prepare the icing. (I use the Thermomix and the result is perfect, but any… will do) Mix the ingredients until creamy and fluffy. Spread over cake.
- You can top with so many things, for this one, I used blueberries and physalis.